Phone: (972) 946-6262
Sean Tate represents clients in complex transactional matters, with a focus on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate. He has extensive experience in private equity fund and sponsor formation, corporate structuring, and real estate transactions.
- General Counsel for $200m Dallas-based private equity fund focused on hospitality acquisitions
- Lead Counsel on $1B Austin-based, closed-end 506(c) private equity fund focused on Class A multifamily
- Represented New York-based health insurance company in reverse merger transaction
- Advised a Texas-based real estate company with respect to its internal reorganization in anticipation of a potential initial public offering
Throughout his career, Sean has made community service a significant part of his work. During his time in Austin, he worked as a Prevention Specialist with the Texas Council on Family Violence, providing technical assistance and training to service providers, grassroots organization and individuals. He also worked as an Academic Counselor with Intercollegiate Athletics at UT, providing academic support to student athletes. He continues to be active in several organizations that support entrepreneurship in his community, and provides pro bono corporate law services to select small businesses and startups in Dallas and Chicago.
Sean serves as a board member for the Casoro Group Education Foundation (CGEF). CGEF is a non-profit organization that helps students in underserved and under-represented communities. Sean’s work with CGEF contributes to closing generational wealth gaps and increasing diversity in the commercial real estate industry.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. (2014)
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Plan 1 – Honors (2006)
Memberships & Associations
- Board of Directors, Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
- Board of Directors, Golden SEEDS Community Development Corporation
- Member, Urban Design Advisory Committee, Dallas City Plan Commission (2017–present)
- Commissioner, City of Dallas Landmark Commission (2016–2018)
- Member, Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce
Sean lives in Oak Cliff with his wife Sarah and their two sons.